Thursday, September 27, 2007

Cruise- Star Virgo



Our first cruise- Singapore, Thailand, Malaysia

We had this cruise after our wedding. Sorry, guys, I just got to learn how to blog a year after our wedding, thus, this might be too late- better than never!

I just want to share our momentous events with my readers- no matter when they happened.
The cruise was Star Virgo-5 days/4 nights- Manila to Singapore. Then, we went to Singapore Cruise terminal to board. Being a first timer, me and my husband went around the ship. I think what made this trip memorable was, you guess it right, the FOOD. The package included 3 meals, with 1 gala dinner and 1 great BBQ dinner..Imagine this:

1. 3 restaurants were opened for breakfast, lunch and dinner, as per inclusion. And, there are still other restaurants you can try, but you have to pay as you consume.
2. Midnight snacks were also offered- we are talking big crab legs here!
3. The BBQ dinner was so fantastic, I ate a whole bucket of grilled prawns with steak. Did not mind the carbos, just take those seafood and steaks. The dessert buffet was so huge in selection, I had 3 cups of tea, with two visits to the toilet.. yeah, you are right, to load more.. i know, i committed Gluttony.
4. the gala dinner was so great, waiters had a show before serving it.

I thought, we will be bored. But the ship was filled with so many activities from line dancing, theatre shows, selection of DVD in the lib and night shows. Stopovers to Phuket and Penang, were to look forward too. Hubby and I got to have the elephant massage us, had authentic thai massage, thai food and see great buddhas and temples.

Another note to be proud: Filipino crew everywhere..the Cruise Director was a Filipina as well.

Should I recommend? YES
Are we going to be back? YES

No comments: