Friday, April 6, 2007

burgers

Quite ironic that i hve confessed my addiction to dessert that my first review is.... burgers.
Let me start first that all my reviews of any food establishment is of my own opinion. You, as a reader, have the option to try, believe or say something otherwise. I do not have any intent to mar reputations of the food establishments featured here.

Ok... burgers is one of the most common food served worldwide. I can say that for every trip I made, there is an assurance for every tourist that when they see that "M", "BK" etc, they somehow feel that security that they can eat something.... not for me. I do away with it as much as I can, but sometimes I just have that craving to load myself with those sinful calories, or maybe yet I have this ulterior motive that it is not the burger that I have come,but for the other "accompaniments" in the menu...

My hubby and I just went to Johnny Rockets last Saturday. This was our second time.
The first time was in their Jumeirah branch due to the fact that we have read a very good review of a well known magazine here. Out of curiosity, we tried it and never regretted it.
Johnny Rockets is an all-American Diner you usually see in movies or tv series.
Diner set-ups, counter tops, brightly lit areas... and they also sing and dance to "YMCA" while doing all the preps, cooking and serving, giving that total good "All-American feel". And I am pleased to say that most of the servers and cooks here, even the supervisors are FILIPINOS.



Johnny Rockets in Mall of Emirates, Dubai. One of the branches of the restaurant within the city. 



"half and Half" does not look like one.


This is supposed to be half serving of fries and half serving of onion rings. Well, obviously does not look like it is. Both are not greasy. They are crunchy to the bite and hot inside. Served with a styrofoamed bowl of bbq sauce and a smiley bowl of catsup.


An order of a "Single Rocket" in all its glory


This is what I have ordered. I have watched the cook grill these patties. He picked up a ball of fresh beef. Placed it directly to the hot grill, flattened with his flipper, add some salt and pepper and after a few minutes, flipped to the other side and gave it to the "sandwich maker" who has been doing an assembly line of buns. He then added the onions, cheese, tomatoes and another bun on top. He wrapped each "rockets" to the logoed paper. Ready to serve.
My hubby and I sat in the counter top and saw the other diners order the double version of this "rocket". Just imagine how big their appetites are.


The real reason for coming here, real, thick chocolate shake!


Thick, real, chocolatey shake topped with whipped cream. So thick,that I would rather spoon it and lick it to the last drop. The one serving they usually make is more than enough to fill this glass. They will also serve the stainless big tumbler with what i call the "best residue" filling up one fourths of the tumbler.
Posted by Picasa


1 order of Single Rockets
1 order of St. Louis burger
1 order of half and half
1 order of chocolate shake
Roughly AED 85.00

No comments: