Thursday, December 20, 2007

First Photo Exhibit



I enrolled in a basic photography course and ended up graduating. One of the highlights of the course is a photo exhibit wherein you send a photo entry that goes with the theme, “Our climate, our actions, our future”. I took a shot of one of my colleague’s daughter (future) and let her hold a globe(actions), with a clear blue sky (climate) at the background.. a rather positive outlook, thus, the title, “My World, My Future”.

It was an experience to see my own work posted with other photo entries. I did not win anything but the pride and joy it gave me was priceless.
It has let me realize that the 3 months worth of waking up early and attending the course every Friday, which is the best day to wake up late, was all worth it. The course did not only let me get a certificate but has given me the opportunity to gain new friends and acquaintances.

The course was spearheaded by Lightform- a Filipino group of photographers whose aim is to help fellow overseas Filipino workers gain knowledge and, if pursued well, may be a means to earn money. True to its sense, a lot of the students have been gaining some customers and experience.

But one thing I will not forget is my own group (all students were segregated into groups), Group 7- we call ourselves, The Raketeers, since we all aim to earn more money (hahaha), and we won the Most Outstanding Group for Batch 19.

My first photo exhibit was truly an experience for the year 2007.

No comments: